Mountain West Financial is more than just another mortgage lender and CalPATH is more than just a mortgage loan.
We help teachers, police officers, firefighters and other California public employees budget, save money and develop a financial plan for retirement by utilizing their home mortgage as a wealth building tool.
Earn up to $10,000 Cash Back if you use one of our Clever Real Estate Partners in your area to purchase your first (or) next home, click here for details.
CalPATH Home Loan Benefits
- Home Purchase, Cash Out or Rate & Term Refinance
- Reduced Lender Fees & Discounted Interest Rate Pricing for Qualifying CalSTRS, CalPERS, LRS, JRS members or an employee of a California public agency
- Lender paid Mortgage Insurance (No PMI) options available with as little as a 3% down payment
- Available for conforming and high balance FHA & Conventional loans up to a $970,800 loan amount
- Free One Time Float Down if Rates Improve during the loan process
- Keys in 21 Days Homebuyer Commitment
Increase Your Home Buying (or) Refinance Power with our "NEW" CalPATH Combo Loan (80-10-10), click here for details.
CalPATH Refinance Benefits
Cash Out is available to 80% LTV of your home value
Up to 95% CLTV Cash-Out with a home equity loan (2nd mortgage), click here for details.
HELOC (Line of Credit)
HELOAN (Fixed Rate 2nd mortgage)
- Pay off a 2nd Mortgage (or) Line of Credit
- Proceeds may be used for home improvement, credit card consolidation, student loan payoff (or) any other purpose!
- Eliminate Mortgage Insurance (or) change the terms of an existing loan
- You can even pay off an existing CalSTRS or CalPERS home loan
CalPATH Borrower Requirements
Active, inactive, or retired members of any of the following:
- California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS) members, employee of a California public school district, or California state university or junior college or
- California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) member and employees of a public agency that contributes to CalPERS or
- All Public Employees (city, county, state), Educators, Teachers, Police/Peace Officers, Law Enforcement, Firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians, CalTrans, Judges, and Legislators, and clerical/administrative city, county or state agency employees or
- Proof of eligibility requires a copy of a benefit statement, pay stub, or verification of employment from a public employer or school district
If you have any questions about the CalPATH home loan program, please contact our CalPATH Hotline @ 800-310-7577, 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM., or apply online to begin the loan process.
*CalPATH eligible FHA loans only with a minimum loan balance of $450,000 and a qualifying credit score above 680.
CalPATH Property Requirements
- 1-4 Single family residence (SFR)
- Detached PUD (planned unit development)